Conference - Crop Diversification in a Changing World: Mobilizing the green gold of plant genetic resources
Please come and join the more than 160 participants from around the world at this important event!
Register at: https://symposium.inra.fr/eucarpiageneticresources2017/Registration
Provisional conference programme now available online:
Monday 8 May 2017
Afternoon - Registration and Poster set up
Evening - Welcome reception and Guest presentation
- Informal poster viewing
Tuesday 9 May 2017
Morning - Registration and Poster set up
- Opening session
Conference keynote presentation
- Plenary session 1: PGR conservation – in nature, in production systems and in genebanks
- Flash poster presentations – Session 1
- Plenary session 2: Breeding for diverse farming systems ‒ the roles of the formal and informal sectors
- Flash poster presentations – Session 2
- Introduction to workshop sessions
- Poster session
Evening - Social dinner
Wednesday 10 May 2017
Morning - Parallel workshop sessions
- Valuing plant genetic diversity – what are the costs and benefits of PGR conservation and use?
- The in situ–ex situ conundrum – can we move to a truly integrated approach?
- Searching for diversity – how can information flow be streamlined to improve access to PGR?
- Accessing plant genetic diversity – what are the obstacles and how can they be overcome?
- Field trip
Evening - Free evening
Thursday 11 May 2017
Morning - Plenary session 3: Collaborative approaches in plant breeding ‒
public‒private partnerships and participatory approaches
- Plenary session 4: Marketing diversity ‒ enhancing the enabling environment for crop diversification
- Plenary session 5: Workshop results and discussion
- Plenary session 6: Panel discussion and conference resolution
- Closing session
- Free time/departure of delegates
Friday 12 May 2017
Post-conference field trips [optional and at additional cost]
Informazioni sulla località